The problem with it is that the resolution for the FFT function is quite limited, just 4096 "bands" so you need to use a narrow bandwidth to get good resolution... and the dynamic range is only 50 dB.

I would rather have a Tek TDS-1000/2000 series sampling scope and a used spectrum analyzer.

My used Tek 7L14 spectrum analyzer has 100 dB dynamic range, resolution down to 30 Hz with phase locking and works from 10 kHz to 1.8 GHz. Plus, it has a 2dB log scale and a linear scale in addition to the 10dB one. I paid $650 I think on eBay for it a few years ago.

eBay is a goldmine of great used test equipment from the 80s that cost $20000 or more when new and still performs well since it is all solid state stuff. Of course, you have to do the research to make sure of what you're buying, and of course, when it comes to buying anything used sight unseen... caveat emptor.

Larry N8LP

Robb Romans wrote:

What do y'all think of this:
http://www.picotech.com/picoscope-oscilloscope-software.html
http://www.picotech.com/picoscope-3000.html

The 3000 series runs from $750 - $1500 list price, depending on bandwidth.
Functions as as oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer.

Regards,
Robb
KD5SQF

--