The transistor is the most probable reason for the fuse blowing but the fuse
may save the other components and semi conductors as well as the circuit board.
 The original query stated he would be using an Astron 35 which has a current
limiter but limiting the current to 35 amps will still allow a lot of damage.

Sent from my iPhone