On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/KC8NHF wrote:

If CQ is a prosign, i.e. a single character without embedded space, please explain how I should pronounce it such using 'phone modes.

One of the local credit unions, SECU uses the sound of SeeQue in their commercials.

I suppose you could say C pause Q, but most folks say CQ with no pause, and so it "sounds" like a prosign.

I suppose the next thing we can do is discuss how many low power angels can dance on the head of a pin...and for the real devotees, a thread could be started about how many nano angels are in an atom.

I think I'll go work some CW(pronounced SeeDoubleYou), not See Wubbia

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,Drake Web Ring,
Free Classified Ads for amateur radio, QRP IRC channel, Drake IRC Channel,
Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/hosting/  ***  Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month