I agree with the others on the moving paddle syndrome. :-]
Over the years, I've had a number of units with a 3 or 4 lbs base.
On the light extreme, I had a Schurr warbler that would slide off the
bench if you breathed on it!

The heavy ones are less prone to move around, but sometimes it happens.
I have a Begali Graciella Jr that I might be willing to part with.
It takes some serious adrenaline to make that baby move.

I set my paddles up to the closes contact distance as possible without
false keying.
For some strange reason, paddle contact noise really irritates me.
Was using a touch paddle on a 4 pound steel block for a while.
If you get the chance, check out the Kent paddle.
The plastic paddles on that unit are heavier than most...gives one a
really nice tactile sense.
And it sits on soft rubber feet where many paddles today have small
plastic tabs glued on which are prone to slipping around.
I'm using the Begali Simplex Basic with the cover over it these days
sitting on a non-skid pad.

May the Force be with....your finger tips!! :-D
N1BBR
--
 bw...@fastmail.net