I will tell you I have always tested random wire and ready made and home made
vertical PVC and wire vertical antenna.
I have always gotten better results from my vertical antennas.  You can go to
YouTube or on my QRZ page go to the bottom of the page and click on the video.
I have been doing QRP portable for about 15 years.  I have used Alinco DX70
X108G, FX-9A,now my new toy KX2 all on QRP 10watts