As one that is involved in other like type reflectors {owner and / or moderator}, they are a great source of information, for problem solving and learning, specially for those new to ham radio or new to a particular radio. If one would just read the manual that would help for 75% of the time. RTFM {Read The Full Manual} So in that light, most things one reads on the reflectors will appear to be issues. I'd always heard "the bit dog yelps the loudest." What's not generally seen are the "good ones" being those that are having great success with their radio.

Look at product reviews on a place such as Amazon. Same thing. A few good ones, which are from satisfied customers. It would be interesting to see the percentage of units sold vs. satisfied customer posting. At the same time, the percentage sold compared against the unsatisfied customers posting. The point being, we are quick to write and post a complaint, but rarely do we take time to share good results.

For me, the K3S is on top of the performance and feature list. Issues and problems on my part at at absolute 0. And I have other radios, both USA made and JA made. The K3S tops all of them in quality and performance. Zero complaints and Zero problems here {other than those where I screw up.}

Most are quick to fault a product and point fingers. I say, "when one points a finger, look down, there's likely 3 pointing back at the true source of the problem". Someone said they didn't like the looks of it. Hey folks, this is radio, not TV. I can't see what you are using but I sure can hear it!

73

Bob, K4TAX

K3S  s/n 10163