You do realize that:

1) You will see a disproportionate number of "issues" related posts on a
SUPPORT reflector versus the actual issue to total population ratio.
Right?  IAW...  May LOOK like there are a lot of issues.... but your are
looking at the place where everyone with issues posts...  NOT seeing a
representative sample IAW.
2) The POINT of a modular system is so you can a) get only what you
want/need, and b) get what you can afford now and add options later.
This is a proven approach allowing folks (like me for instance) to
"drive a Cadillac" when the budget says economy car.  You can start with
a 10 W K3s kit and build it up as funds present... OR you can do like me
and hit the ground running with a fully loaded kit (sans 2nd receiver
and 2M).
3) If you want flashy looks or flashy looks is high on your priority
list, then there are boxes you can buy that flash and go bing.  Elecraft
builds radios that work, go to the field, and perform at the very top of
the game.

I'd sacrifice my left arm, right nut, and fight you "tooth and nail"
before I gave up my K3S.

Try getting this level of performance AND support out of any of the
off-shore companies...  Try getting most any other company to do
hardware and performance updates and make them available at a reasonable
price for YOU to install...

Just hope you will investigate further...  Fact is, I seldom even look
at the gear unless I am in the field...  I run it through Win4K3Suite,
HRD modules, et al on one monitor ...  Have the P3 on another big
monitor  Nice mic on an overhead boom...  Only thing on my desktop is my
mouse, key, and keyboard...

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises