Interesting.

Using Windows 10 Pro I have one radio {model/brand} if I plug it in, set the application to communicate with the port as defined in Device Manager, all is well.  I can then turn the radio off and then back on, changing no cables or ports, and find the same application will not communicate with the radio.  Then I look at Device Manager and find that the port number has changed.  I change the port number in the application and all is well........until next time.

And with another radio {Elecraft K3S}, I do not find that changing the physical USB connection on the computer will cause the communication port number to change.  Hence the port assignment is sticky.

This says to me all USB drivers are not created equal.   And likewise, I've experienced no issues being the result of Windows 10 updates.

73

Bob, K4TAX