My Window10 computer has 4 USB C ports and a 7 port USB3 hub.  I have 5
different Elecraft USB Serial ports connected and they always receive the same
com port number regardless of which USB port or HUB port they are plugged into.
 K3s, KAT500, KPA500, KX3, SG3 and other non Elecraft devices.

I have never had them change as a result of a Windows upgrade.

73 - Mike - K9JRI