----- Original Message -----
From: "Wes Stewart" <n...@yahoo.com>

> Life is too short for QRP

Yes, obviously a troll, but a QRP QSO starts on the receiving end.  Without
the ears on the distant end, a QRP rig just transmits another noise lost to
ground absorbtion and spatial dispersion.  If there ARE ears on the distant
end,  QRP is working 40 with something about the size of a sandwich, using a
flexible wire thrown through a tree with a tennis ball, setting on a rock in
the sun, soaking up a warm breeze somewhere in hiker heaven.

Last ARRL DX, whether QRP or not was in the exchange, so I knew when the
signal worked was QRP.  Some of them weak enough that 5 was not cleanly
copied, but a sent "QRP" was clear enough to verify the "5" I thought I
heard.  There were some 4's and a couple of 1's.   No 0R001's this year.

For that pile of 40m QRP EU stations (including the ever-larger super-secret
EU self-masochistic death by QRP suicide club aka SCEUQR), the big secret
was my K3 and anti-click firmware NB and a 5 element quad on a 220 foot
catenary.

My QRO transmit didn't make the difference for them.   My RX was QRO  :>)

Working some Asians across the EU grey line who were also QRO, that was 2
way QRO that required the most of everything. Drop to 100 watts and I don't
hear him, he doesn't hear me.  At QRO just barely above the absorbtion both
ways.  Don't run QRO on the CQ's, he never knows the path was open at the
whisper level. But there were far more QRP than grey line Asians.

Help a struggling QRPer.  Buy a K3 and work a bunch of them.

(I love my battery K2, and K2 RX with DSP is really good, but its big
brother is better at RX).

73, Guy.
K2/K3 #1239