Dick,

Rather than using SSB mode for data, use the DATA modes, it is less
troublesome and compression is set to zero automatically..
Use DATA A mode for soundcard digital modes, or AFSK A for soundcard
RTTY.  See page 31 of the K3 manual.  With good carrier balance, an AFSK
signal is equal to an FSK signal.  The K3 AFSK A data mode sets the mark
frequency in the VFO (rather than the carrier frequency), and allows use
of the dual passband filter which is designed for RTTY use.
The narrow roofing filters and the full range of DSP filters can be used
for DATA modes if you configure the narrow filters for receive in that
mode.  Transmit must always use the 2.7 or 2.8 kHz filters, but the K3
figures out the arithmetic involved.

If you wish to use the FSK input to the K3, you will have to provide a
level translation and drive the FSK input on the ACC connector.  MMTTY
has methods of activating the FSK input.

73,
Don W3FPR