For those interested in playing with microcontrollers, there is a very easy way
to use an Atmel AVR to convert the AFSK from your favorite RTTY software to
true FSK - and provide PTT as well.

A few weeks ago, Kok Chen, W7AY, and I had a discussion about Atmel AVR
microcontrollers. I told him I had always wanted to learn how to do it but
couldn't come up with a good idea for a project to get me started. He directed
me to this project developed by Doug Hall, K4DSP.

http://k4dsp.homeip.net/~doug/regenerator/

This sparked my interest, and I decided to build one. Just finished it this
weekend. It works like a charm with cocoaModem and the K3 - and I got my feet
wet with microcontroller programming.

David, W4SMT