Hi,
for me the most important is no mouse dependency (probably vimperator
and conkeror are only graphical browsers mouseless enough). Also, you
can use it over ssh without any X dependency. Easy to customize and
compile. Full of features. Not to mention small footprint and speed. I
believe elinks is essential in 1337 desktop environment. What exactly
do you mean by "regular Linux-user"?

elinks mailing list has overactive spam filter..

Regards
Artur Skonecki

--
Artur Skonecki