On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:51:40PM EST, Steve Holmes wrote:

> I tried that simple a macro in the past but it didn't work so well for
> me.  I found it necessary to write a little script that would wrap
> links in them but were not actual text/html type messages.  Also, I
> tried this simple macro on what I thought to be html formatted
> messages but elinks kept saying something to the effect that it didn't
> know what to do with the file.  It never seemed to have the right MIME
> type or something.  Maybe I need to add something else?

[..]

Correct.

I vaguely remember having to add entries to my $HOME/.mailcap file.. and
also that I needed to seriously look into how mailcap really works.. but
never really got round to doing so.

I currently have the following:

  text/html;   elinks %s; nametemplate=%s.html
  text/html;   elinks -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput

How multiple definitions are handled and why have them in the first
place is unclear to me at this point.

cj