On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 21:27, Nicklas SB Karlsson <n...@nksb.eu> wrote:

> Three points with three in the (x,y,z) space will define an arc in
> three dimensions. Then there is three degrees of freedom for the tool
> direction at each point or two for a rotating/"round" tool if I think
> correct.

We have been discussing this on the forum (At least, I think it was
there) and someone had the idea of defining both an end point and a
point part-way along the arc. This gives an unambiguous arc in three
dimensions. If you define the centre point (in three dimensions) then
with a start and an end you get two options. And you can't easily
define a clockwise and anticlockwise for an arbitrary plane...

But this isn't what I was rambling about, I was discussing making arcs
in XY and UV _simultaneously_ where the arcs have different radii and
centre points.
The issue is not one of maths, but of G-code letters to use for the parameters.
An option might be a G2.1 and G3.1 to "queue up" an arc, to be run
concurrently with the next feed move.

I don't know if this is a solved problem, or whether the foam cutting
chaps all just use small linear segments.

--
atp
lunatics."