ons 2022-12-21 klockan 00:47 +0000 skrev andy pugh:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 21:27, Nicklas SB Karlsson <n...@nksb.eu> wrote:
>
> > Three points with three in the (x,y,z) space will define an arc in
> > three dimensions. Then there is three degrees of freedom for the
> > tool
> > direction at each point or two for a rotating/"round" tool if I
> > think
> > correct.
>
> We have been discussing this on the forum (At least, I think it was
> there) and someone had the idea of defining both an end point and a
> point part-way along the arc. This gives an unambiguous arc in three
> dimensions. If you define the centre point (in three dimensions) then
> with a start and an end you get two options. And you can't easily
> define a clockwise and anticlockwise for an arbitrary plane...
Maybe. Give three points then centre point need to be calculated by
Linuxcnc but if this does not have accuracy problem for the path I
guess it is  a good option.

> But this isn't what I was rambling about, I was discussing making
> arcs
> in XY and UV _simultaneously_ where the arcs have different radii and
> centre points.
> The issue is not one of maths, but of G-code letters to use for the
> parameters.
> An option might be a G2.1 and G3.1 to "queue up" an arc, to be run
> concurrently with the next feed move.
Give all four coordinates (X,Y,U,V) at start point, middle point and
end point?

Then arc for path could be calculated from (X,Y) coordinates and arc
for cutting direction by (U,V) with same mathematics will do the trick?
Or thinking wrong a four dimensional arc need to be calculated?

Nicklas Karlsson