ons 2022-12-21 klockan 19:59 +0000 skrev andy pugh:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 at 19:54, Nicklas SB Karlsson <n...@nksb.eu> wrote:
>
> > Specify three points in 2D or 3D space: start, centre and end
> > points as
> > you suggest I think is a good idea that will work for an arc.
>
> That defines two possible arcs (simplistically, the short one and the
> long one)
>
> > If I think correct it should be possible to program a foam cutter
> > the
> > same way as a 5-axis mill. A point on the wire is assumed to be the
> > "tool tip" while kinematics solve the rest of the problem.
>
> It could be done, but the precision with which the A and B angles
> would need to be specified would require a lot of places of decimals.

Another option if not already mentioned before or in a link is to use a
vector from the tool position instead of angles to define tool angle.

Then three coordinates in the space could be used to define an arc for
the tool direction from tool position. While three coordinates is used
to define path for tool position. Both arcs reach the end point at same
time. Expect it should work for both foam cutter and 5-axis mill.

Nicklas Karlsson