Vom: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 23:02:26 +0000

> On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 at 14:07, Daniel Hiepler
> <d-linuxcnc...@coderdu.de> wrote:oot I had no more Wifi and (worse)
> the ventilator was a max
> >
> > I encountered similar problems and decided to build my own kernel. I
> > created a "fire & forget" bash script to build an image from the ground up
> > and compiles linuxcnc+rt kernel on the pi:
>
> Why do people keep reinventing this particular wheel? We distribute a
> Pi SD card image via www.linuxcnc.org.

I wouldn't call it "reinventing the wheel" since it's quite a different
approach without cross compiling and better customization options. I use a
minimal kernel config and you can make it build an image without Xorg and
linuxcnc --with-x=no.

Also, the image wouldn't boot on the Rpi4 at the time I tried it.

> If there is something about it that you don't like, then make a change
> request, rather than dividing the effort.

It would be nice to have builds of multiple Rpi images (normal, minimal,
developer, without UI etc.) but it would take a lot more effort than it took
for this.

Regards
--
Daniel Hiepler