Kirk Wallace wrote:

> Removing C14 and C15 stopped the inductor heating without affecting
> anything else, as far as I could tell. I wonder if smaller caps or a
> different core type might help.

Excellent!  Well, these are 47 uH 15 A inductors, and pretty
amazing at that size.  I have found nothing else anywhere near
the size or price of these units that matches that rating.

I think the caps are way too big.  It is not necessary to
completely suppress the PWM waveform at the motor, just knock
down all the harmonics.  A much smaller capacitor would do fine,
maybe .001 uF or so.  I'd use a 250 V film capacitor for low
losses.  A ceramic might well get very hot due to the AC current.

But, if everything is running fine, there is no need to try
adding small caps back.

Jon