On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 05:03:54 AM Roland Jollivet did opine:

> On 15 February 2012 06:13, gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:11:18 PM doug metzler did opine:
> > > I don't know either, but I would think the black stuff would block
> > > almost 100%, esp at low power levels - it's very high-density.  What
> > > thickness are you thinking?
> > >
> > > DougM
> >
> > 1/16th on down to where it gets too flimsy.  And I wasn't aware it
> > could be had in black.  Tan & clear is all I've seen.
> >
> > Thanks Doug.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
> > --
>
> Is there any company in your area that that does lithographic printing?
> They use bundles of thin (0.6mm) aluminium sheeting that they then
> discard. It's very 'crinkly', so should machine well. I often see
> hundreds of kilograms of it at the recycling yard.
>
> Regards
> Roland

The only local job printer in these parts does her job work on offset
presses.  Does fancier office stationary stuff. I don't know if she even
has a litho machine.  I know what a litho plate looks like from 50 paces
but can't say as I've ever seen any at the 2 recycling places I get some of
my raw material from.

Thanks for the idea Roland.

Cheers, Gene
You will be given a post of trust and responsibility.