From: gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Encoder wheel [Was: Need advice on 1/16" end mill]
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 6:21 PM

On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 09:17:49 PM Erik Christiansen did opine:

> On 14.02.12 15:20, gene heskett wrote:
> > The encoder wheel
> > itself will be trapped between the spindle bearing lock buts.
>
> Gene, have you considered using a piece of thin PCB material for the
> encoder wheel, since all your sheet Al is toffee? A piece of the brown
> phenolic stuff would be easier on the tool. Copper is needed on at
> least one side, if the green fibreglass board is used, because it lets
> too much light through. (About 34 years ago I was cautious enough to
> check a piece before making a wheel, and switched to PVC sheet. But
> I had more room, for a thicker wheel, than you do.)
>
> Erik

Well, that's another bone to throw in the soup I hadn't considered, mainly
because I think the nearest SS phenolic is probably 65 miles up the
interstate in Morgantown or possibly even in Pittsburgh.  Thats order it on
the web distance.

But its a workable thought for sure Erik, thanks.

Cheers, Gene
The future lies ahead.