On 15 February 2012 13:45, gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 06:35:36 AM charles green did opine:
>
> > get a CD that
> > you dont want to listen to anymore, and cnc it out of that.  and then
> > paint it black.
>
> Now that might be (the old cd) a usable idea.  I probably bin a 50 pack a
> year of those, old data & distro's going obsolete mostly.  And that should
> be cheap enough even if I use a fresh cdr to serve as a test developing
> tool.  I don't recall ever seeing a cd get hot enough to warp either.  I
> can fine tune it 5 thou here, and 5 thou there to optimize the design very
> easily.
>
> I like that Charles, thanks.  You'll go in style, for a while, on 16th
> avenue. (by Roseann Cash, Johns daughter)
>
> Cheers, Gene
> --

Gee, forgot about that....
Many of the new 'lightscribe' DVD players can burn an image onto the
scribble side of the DVD, so see if you can just burn your encoder pattern
onto the surface. I'm sure it's been done a 100 times. Will look..

Maybe even experiment with turning the DVD upside down so you burn the
image on the code side.

Regards
Roland