On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 02:51:33 PM dave did opine:

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:26:20 -0500
>
> gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:21:07 PM kqt4a...@gmail.com did
> >
> > opine:

> > > A hardrive disk?
> >
> > Glass? That doesn't sound like it would be easily worked.  Really old
> > ones, alu maybe as I expect there's nothing gummy about that alloy.
> > I do have a drive or 6 that could be sacrificed on that altar
> > though.  Packratitis is a serious disease, you could get killed in an
> > earthquake that way.  :)
>
> Ah! yes, but chrome plated glass is perfect for a photoetch job.

Maybe, but I'd have to make several just for insurance in case I bumped it
with a wrench working in that area.  My metal one when I get it done,
should be able to take an errant wrench tap.

> If the disc is Al or steel with a chrome/nickel layer on top then
> machining should not be too difficult.
>
> Just my tuppence.

Mine too.  Too bad nobody applies the inflation to maintain its worth over
the years. ;-)

> Dave
>
> > Cheers, Gene

Cheers, Gene
Nasrudin walked into a teahouse and declaimed, "The moon is more useful
than the sun."
        "Why?", he was asked.
        "Because at night we need the light more."