Re getting the Olimex screen working... it looks like its just a vanilla
LVDS panel.. so you just need one of the many LVDS->HDMI driver boards from
ebay and the like.. basically look around and you'll find a few people on
sites selling "LVDS->HDMI controller boards" or "converters"... basically
you need the board that takes HDMI in from your system, converts it to the
'native' format of LVDS and drives the coloumns etc.

To interact with the 'touch' side - you again need a tiny dongle that
converts it to a USB HID device...
Rough estimates would see you have both boards for <$40... so yes, you
should be able to use the Olimex panel with your current setup + the
converter boards for display (LVDS) and touch (which becomes a USB HID
mouse)... Bringing it all in still cost effectively..