Sorry if this is sidetracking a tad, but we also need a focus theme
for elementary (and E i guess). I know with my nokia 770 there was a
single button that was used like a left click. I imagine the n900 is
quite the same.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions on a focus theme, id gladly make
it up. Also, try to think of something different to the old focus
look. ;)

-Toma

On 11/29/09, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Valerio from Maemo community and developer of Python-EFL based
> Bluemaemo noticed that all EFL applications are broken with regard to
> focus on Maemo5 (aka Fremantle) platform. Actually, lots of people
> noticed it, but Valerio investigated the problem and solutions people
> were using to solve it on other platforms and found a very descriptive
> comment by Qt folks:
>
> http://qt.gitorious.org/+qt-maemo-developers/qt/qt-maemo/commit/fbf22e64599b220cf95ca90d27d0eb6cdeaa91fe
>
> // according to the ICCCM, the XSetInputFocus() should be optional for
> non-modal windows
> // see also
> <http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2007-March/msg00001.html>
> // seems like the Maemo5 WM is broken in that regard and always needs
> an explicit
> // XSetInputFocus() call.
>
> So my suggestion is us to work around and add that to Ecore_Evas using
> X backend.   We can even leave this always enabled as it will not
> break the standard, as it says "optional".
>
> Suggestions, opinions?
>
> --
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> http://profusion.mobi embedded systems