Hello,

Sorry, I've fogotten to write my system.

OS: openSUSE Tumbleweed (always latest)
Kernel : 5.19.8-1-default
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
xdg-open : version 1.1.3+

In the Message;

  Subject    : [e-users] xdg-open ignores mimeapps.list
  Date & Time: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 14:08:44 +0900

[MN] == Masaru Nomiya <nom...@galaxy.dti.ne.jp> has written:

MN> Hello,

MN> In enlightenment (0.25.3 and 0.25.4), and e16 (1.0.24), xdg-open
MN> exhibits strange behaviours;

MN> 1. for plain text e-mail in many folders, the command

MN>   $ xdg-open 1

MN>   tries to show it in the default audio player.

MN> 2. for pdf files,

MN>   $ xdg-open foo.pdf

MN>   tries to show it in the pmview.exe (= pictuew viewer for Windows,
MN>   works on the wine), then enters an infinite loop and forces a
MN>   reboot.

MN> However, kde-open works correctly according to the settings in the
MN> mimeapps.list.

MN> Furthermore, its xdg-open works fine on Gnome.

MN> I think there is a bug.

Regards.

---
      Masaru Nomiya                 mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp

      "She continues to deeply divide opinion, nearly a decade after her
          death in 2013, due to her policies of privatisation, breaking the
          power of trade unions, and selling off public housing."

                                                       -- World Is One News --