On 9/19/22 12:00, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
Hello,

I see.
But why would it call up a Windows app instead of a Linux native app?

BTW, I can't believe that someone with a career as yours doesn't
know about recoll.

I work full time for a linux distro, I also don't know about recoil.

Arch Linux itself provides the package....

Now then, as a workaround, I did

# ln -s /usr/bin/kde-open /usr/bin/xdg-open

With this, recoll seems to be working fine!

I'm wondering if there are any problems with this workaround?

If it works for you then no, xdg-open is a very simple script which will detect if your running enlightenment and then call enlightenment-open, or will check if your running kde and will call kde-open in that case because generally this is whats available on your system.

The only thing you really have to worry about is if your package manager updates xdg-utils then it might remove the symlink.

--
Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30