----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Prior MD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

| I had my hands on an EOS7 for a few minutes.  Much smaller than I
| thought.  The sales droids at this mall shop (was on a trip) hadn't a
| clue how to use it.
|
| It seemed to me that to change metering modes you had to push a button
| clear over on the film canister side and then push a second button
| with your right thumb.
|
| I could not do this w/o using both hands, which would be a real
| problem in real life (having to take hand off lens in order to access
| this feature).
|
| Was I not using this correctly or is this truly such a bad design?

This one caught me out too, Paul. You have to press the metering button
above the function button and then turn the control dial next to the shutter
button. (I think - my German is not too good).

One thing that I did pick up from the EOS Magazine site specs on the 30/Elan
7 is that with the 550EX attached, pressing the DoF preview operates the
modelling light.

Bob Turner
Dundee, Scotland, U.K.
Website : www.bawbee.co.uk