>  Jim Davis ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) writes:

>     I've already posted some of my impressions about the new EOS 7, and I
> think alot of new 7 owners are going to hate what I say here, but here are
> my thoughts on the new camera.......(lots of snipping here).......E-TTL? -
no thanks,
> preflash means blinking eys and subjects thinking I took a shot. TTL is
> working just dandy for me.

Jim, I'll let the Elan 7 owners rejoin your rather sever comments about the
camera if they care to, but do want to mention that E-TTL is, in my opinion,
clearly a much better method of producing accurate and balanced flash.
Besides the other advantages of E-TTL, the pre-flash burst is nearly
imperceptible to a subject as it happens just milliseconds prior to the main
flash.  The sensor reads this, sets the exposure and fires the main flash
much more quickly than a subject would have time to blink reflexively.

Gary Russell
Olympia, Washington - USA