Clever (took me a moment to figure out what the comma operator does here...).
And makes sense: You would not want an invoker to have that kind of power.

If it wasn’t so negative for performance, I probably would apply curryThis() to
all of my methods:
    var obj = {
        method: function (self, arg) { // additional argument `self`
            someFunction(..., function() {
                self.otherMethod(arg);
            });
        }.curryThis(), // introduce an additional argument
        otherMethod: function (arg) { ... }
    }
    Function.prototype.curryThis = function () {
        var f = this;
        return function () {
            var a = Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments);
            a.unshift(this);
            return f.apply(null, a);
        };
    };