John - The term reservoir has a well understood usage, when speaking about
hydraulic fracturing, to describe the engineered rock volume that is filled
by micro-fissures, created by injecting water under immense pressure into
the rock, at the well head.

The injected slurry contains poppants. Poppants are either sand or
engineered small ceramic beads. It is this gritty material that maintains
the micro-fissures and allows for the creation of a three dimensional volume
- i.e. the reservoir - in which water can be injected and absorb heat from
the rock volume that has been exposed - a much vaster surface area - by the
hydraulic fracking.

I am using the term reservoir very correctly - in the terms that it is used
when speaking of hydraulic fracturing. Eventually the engineered rock volume
that has been created by this process of fracking begins to reseal (the
overburden is immense and squeezes the micro-fissures shut over time). In
addition the engineered reservoir - in the specific sense that this term is
used when speaking about hydraulic fracturing - will over time become
depleted as heat is removed from it. Eventually that volume of rock will get
hot again, but by the time it does the engineered micro-fissures will have
been squeezed shut and the reservoir will have to be re-fracked.

Water is injected into this reservoir, where it is turned into hot high
pressure steam that comes up the second well. This steam is far too
corrosive laden with minerals to use directly and must instead be used to
boil the actual water, whose high pressure steam will transfer energy into
the spinning turbine. If you used the steam from the well head you would be
replacing turbines every year or two.

Chris