On 2/7/2017 9:12 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Which is exactly why I'm explicit in defining what the theism is that I consider preposterous and what other god ideas I'm merely agnostic about. Then Bruno criticizes me for "supporting" the former; rather than help him muddy the meaning of "God" so he can call the truths of arithmetic "God".

Let us try to agree on some definition of God. Most people, after and before Christ agrees on this: it is the origin of everything, it is what everything proceeds of, unnameable and transcendent, that is beyond us.

Are you OK, with it. Don't hesitate to improve it.

No, I'm not "OK" with it because it is a misleading appropriation of a common word that is used to denote /*a superpowerful and knowledgable person*/ who not only created everything, but /*cares about human beings*/ and /*demands certain conduct*/ and /*who acts in the world */in response to prayer. Your definition doesn't even rise to the level of a deist god. Even a deist god is supposed to care about human conduct.