> I guess you mean that it does not violate Church thesis.

Yes.

> Of course, it can
> "do" things impossible to do in real time, or without emulating the subject,
> that a classical computer cannot do. For example, it can generate a genuine
> random bit. To do emulate this with a non-quantum computer, you need to
> emulate the duplication of the observer, like in the WM duplication.

Well ok, but this part is easy to solve on a classical computer:
https://www.random.org/

:)

>> but with comp it would have consequences regarding
>> our "insertion" in reality, so to say. Correct?
>

> I am not sure of what you mean exactly. It would not change the physics, but
> allow us to exploit more directly the FPI.

Yes, I meant simply that our mind would supervene on more branches.

> I am completely agnostic on this,
> but I am not convince by the current argument that there are evidences that
> a brain could be a quantum computer. They might be right, but I wait for
> more evidences.

Me too.

>>> Elementary arithmetic is full of quantum computing machineries. I even
>>> suspect that the prime number distribution encodes a universal quantum
>>> chaotic dovetailing,
>>

>> Can you explain what you mean by chaotic dovetailing?
>

> Have you heard about quantum chaos?

No, interesting. I'm starting to read about it. I always loved
standard chaos theory. It was one of the first things that profoundly
changed my map of reality.

> Here I meant classical usual dovetailing
> on the classical emulation of quantum chaos. From the FPI, it can converge
> on "genuine" quantum chaos. There are some evidences, related to the Riemann
> hypothesis that the "spectrum" or he critical zero of zeta might correspond
> to some quantum chaoitic hamiltonian's eigenvalue. I read that a long time
> ago. If quantum chaos is Turing universal, it could even be quantum-Turing
> universal, and generate a quantum universal dovetailer. But that would not
> solve the mind-body problem. The machine-theological solution can work only
> if we can explain why the measure which would be associated to that
> particular quantum chaos win the arithmetical (classical, mechanist) FPI
> problem. The Rieman hypothesis would help but is far from sufficiant.

I am too ignorant on number theory to understand this.

>>> but even if that is true, that should not be used to
>>> justify physics, because we would get the quanta, and not the qualia
>>> (unless
>>> the Riemann hypothesis is shown undecidable in PA (and thus true!).
>>>
>>> Only Penrose asks for an explicit non computable physical reduction of
>>> the
>>> waves, with some role for gravity, and is authentically
>>> non-computationalist. Penrose is coherent with computationalism. He keep
>>> physics as fundamental, but accept the price: the abandon of mechanism.
>>> But
>>> his argument aganist mechanism is not valid, and already defeated by
>>> machines like PA, ZF, etc.
>>

>> You mean is maligned statement that the human brain is capable of
>> accessing truths that lie beyond the Gödelian veil?
>

> I mean all Löbian machine are capable of accessing truths that lie to the
> Gödelian veil, and use this to refute Penrose. Already in 1931, Gödel
> realized that PA (or equivalently his own theory P) was proving its own
> Gödel's second incompleteness theorem, and is perfectly able to sort out his
> own undecidable proposition. Gödel's proof is constructive. It limits the
> formalism, but shows them how to improve themselves accordingly, leading to
> transfinite possible self-improvement. The machine can find its undecidable
> statement, and bet on them with the interrogation mark, or discuss them as
> mysteries (consciousness).

And what leads to machine to drop the interrogation mark?

> Of course, they cannot prove them, nor even
> assert them as new axiom, but they can understand them, and use them,
> notably by becoming "mystical" and "religious",

And artists too, I would say...

> and distinguishing *their*
> science from *their* religion, in the scientific way, like they can develop
> the non-monotonical layers of mind on which Gödel's incompleteness will not
> apply: they need only to be able to say something like "Oops, I was wrong",
> which is the beginning of the manifestation of intelligence/doubt (already
> present in the Löb formula).

What can one base such bets on? It seems to me that most "betting" is
more or less a Bayesian process, based on priors that are fine-tuned
throughout life in an endless process. For example, I suspect that the
main difference between adherents of different ideologies is that they
have different priors for questions such as ("how likely is one to
become rich while being ethical"; "how likely is the government to be
corrupt"; etc.). How does one estimate probabilities beyond the veil?
Or do you think that this sort of betting transcends probabilistic
thinking?

Telmo.