On Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 2:50 PM Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> I agree with John. What makes superdeterminism weird isn't the
> determinism part. It's that the system is also rigged against us to produce
> the Bell inequality.*

Yes.

*> I am not sure if you saw my recent example on extropy-chat with flipping
> coins and always seeing heads 66% of the time, no matter what we do, but
> superdeterminism is basically saying that's just how it is the universe has
> preordained that humans flip coins such that they come up head's 66% of the
> time.*

That's a good example of the sort of thing I was talking about,
superdeterminism claims that the universe is lying to us. It sort of
reminds me of the holy rollers and snake handlers who insist that God
buried dinosaur bones deep in the ground just 5000 years ago but made them
look like they were millions of years old in order to test our faith. God
is supposed to be much smarter and much more powerful than we are so if he
wants to fool us he certainly has the capacity to do so, but if we fall for
his trickery He will torture for an infinite (the Bible doesn't make clear
if that infinity is Aleph 0 or Aleph1) number of years. But as George
Carlin reminds us, HE LOVES YOU!

ghe