On Sun, Sep 3, 2023 at 7:54 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> Special relativity merely forbids the transmission of anything
> 'physical' faster than light (FTL). It is easily possible to transfer
> information FTL.*

*BULLSHIT!*

* > Consider the following. shine a laser at the moon, then scan across the
> surface of the moon. The spot of light on the moon's surface clearly can
> move at any speed, particularly FTL. Now, if you use the laser to transmit
> a message to the first point, then scan away and re-transmit to the second
> location, you can certainly transmit information FTL.*

*Don't be ridiculous! Light takes about 1 1/4 seconds to reach the Moon, if
I  aim a laser at point X on the Moon and then move it to point Y also on
the Moon it will take the usual 1 1/4 seconds after I moved my laser before
anybody at point X observes that the light coming from Earth has gone off,
and it will take the usual 1 1/4 seconds before anybody at point Y sees a
light from Earth go on, and 2 1/2 seconds before anybody on planet Earth
sees the spot of light at point X start to move. Nobody on the Earth or on
the Moon has received or transmitted any information faster than light. If
it was possible to transmit information FTL according to relativity you
could send a message into the past, you could talk to  the Bruce Kellett of
yesterday and that would create paradoxes.*

> *> "Non-local" does no mean that anything physical is transmitted FTL.*

*Being "local" means that there is a finite limit to the speed of
PHYSICAL causality, and in this universe that speed seems to be the speed
of light. *

*>> What in the multiverse are you talking about?!  If Many Worlds is
>> correct then if "you" (personal pronouns can become problematic when
>> talking about the multiverse) perform the polarizer experiment on 1 million
>> entangled photons then in the multiverse there are 1 million new Bruce
>> Kelletts that are absolutely identical in every way EXCEPT for the fact
>> that they each have 1 million different memories of how those 1 million
>> entangle protons behaved when they hit their polarizers.*
>>

> *> There may well be copies of the experimenter in MWI, but for any
> particular individual among these copies, the outcome of their experiments
> are unique.*

*Yes.*

> *> Bell's theorem applies equally to all the copies individually.*

*Yes, and in all of them all the Bruce Kelletts can experimentally confirm
that Bell's Inequality can be violated which would be logically impossible
if things were both realistic and local. *

*>> Entangled photons have opposite polarizations so if an entangled photon
>> of undetermined polarization hits a polarizer oriented in the up" direction
>> (what you call "up" could be any direction) and Many Worlds is correct then
>> the universe splits many times but in NO universe is there a case where 2
>> entangle photons both make it through polarizers oriented in the same
>> direction.*
>

> *> Mere assertion is not proof of anything.*

*DO YOUR HOMEWORK! It's been known for hundreds of years that light beams
with opposite polarizations treat polarizers in opposite ways, and it's
been known since 1905 that light beams are made up of photons. None of this
is controversial, it's physics 101. *

p1o