Science Discovers A Clear and Present Spiritual Danger:  Too Damned much
“Cognitive Inhibition”.

 So, the practical take-away from this research is that skeptics here suffer
from “Cognitive Inhibition”. Too damned much “Cognitive Inhibition” evidently
is a very sad state of diagnosis frequently leading to spiritual depression
such like we see expressed so often on FFL. More research is needed on this
condition to be able to protect people from the deleterious effects of this
dangerous state in their spiritual lives.

 "A recent issue of Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience (via BPS
Research Digest)
 suggests that skeptics possess greater powers of cognitive inhibition.

 Our brains evidently infer greater meaning from random events in an
instinctual way.

 "Cognitive inhibition, that is, suppressing or overriding spontaneously
occurring mental processes, may thus be the mechanism that, when working
efficiently, controls our natural intuitions and explains why supernatural
interpretations seem so natural for some people and yet others find them quite
strange,"

 There are caveats involved. In this case, since creativity also relies on
reduced cognitive inhibition (introducing the mind to new ideas), it's possible
that believer brain activity was just the creative process in motion. A larger
lingering question is why (and how) people can shift from believer to skeptic
and back."

 -Buck, a meditator outstanding in his field.

 To FFL,

 Turquoiseb posts:

 http://www.fastcodesign.com/3025750/evidence/the-neuroscience-of-superstition
http://www.fastcodesign.com/3025750/evidence/the-neuroscience-of-superstition