Re "Cognitive inhibition is believed to strongly influence, helping to control
both sexual and aggressive urges within human society.":
 On a side note: TM, of course, relies not on inhibition but on the natural
tendency of the mind to settle in deeper, calmer depths.

 Re "Most scientists, being sceptics, test the reliability of certain kinds of
claims by subjecting them to a systematic investigation using some form of the
scientific method.":
 I'm (more-or-less) happy with the scientific *method*; it's *scientists* I'm
more sceptical about. They have ambitions, lusts, egos, insecurities, . . . and
understand what their paymasters expect. An investigation into the effects of
passive smoking produces different results if the tests are funded by tobacco
companies or health authorities. We all know why.
 (You use "sceptic" rather than "skeptic" - you British?)