Jedi, but why are we here to understand? Is it not at least to survive? Survive
so that we can develop fully which is what I think we're here to do. Whatever
the heck that will mean!

All this discussion brings to my mind one of my favorite Maharishi ideas: save
the psychology. Which I think neuroscience will allow us to do. Meaning that we
won't have to label someone greedy, for example. We will simply note that a
certain portion of their brain is not yet activated and or fully functioning.

I actually think that many of these ancient traditions of human development,
including but not limited to TM and Chinese medicine and the kahuna tradition,
are all about full human development, full brain functioning.

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 8:58 AM, "jedi_sp...@yahoo.com" <jedi_sp...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> > >  I disagree. I see nothing wrong with preference or believing in
hierarchies, but I definitely don't see them as the same thing. Despite
your attempt at what you thought was a clever remark earlier, having a
preference does NOT imply believing in a hierarchy.

> > --- <authfriend@...> wrote :

It was a perceptive observation, not an "attempt at a clever remark." And
having a preference does imply having a hierarchy of personal values.

> ---  <turquoiseb@...> wrote :

I disagree. Assuming you already like both flavors equally, you are
offered either vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Does your choice at that
meal imply that you feel the one you chose was "higher" or "more
valuable," of just that you had a preference for one of them that day?

Rhetorical
 question. No need to reply. I was just amused that neither you nor
Share can conceive of having a preference without the presence of some
kind of hierarchy. I would suggest that this is pretty limited thinking.
 But if it makes you unhappy, stick with it.  :-)

The entities on the level of 'body, senses and mind' are
bound by the great cosmic law of eternal fixation.

The entities on the level of the intellect are bound by the
great cosmic law of eternal change.

The two great cosmic laws exist and operate side by side.
It's important to understand this paradox first. Thus, the
rules of existence change once the entity evolves to the
intellectual level.

In the movie matrix, Neo meets the architect and in that
dialogue the notion of choice crops up.

http://www.leesmovieinfo.net/special/
MatrixReloadedSpeech1.php

This applies only to entities on the level of the intellect.

I remember a master (forgot his name) saying, 'only entities
on the lower order exist to survive.  we are here only to
understand.'