Richard, I wonder if the whole hierarchical thing happened because homeo
sapiens stood up on two legs! Then the tendency to think of development as
being ONLY a vertical process took over. I now tend to think of human
development as a multi directional process, thinking of the brain as maybe
having the potential to develop in all directions.

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 10:24 AM, Richard J. Williams <pundits...@gmail.com>