On 8/30/2014 2:17 PM, Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife] wrote:

I think the folks here have spoken clearly as to who the two trolls are. Alex doesn't want to deal with the post limit and I can't blame him. This is supposed to be a forum for adults not teenagers. Salvy is right, the graffiti trolls are just trying to ruin FFL because they hate the place.

Wow! Now that's a thought-stopper. Calling someone a "troll" makes assumptions about a writer's motives that are impossible to determine. The term troll is highly subjective, and some posts will look like trolling to some while seeming like meaningful contributions to others.

On 08/30/2014 12:11 PM, emilymae...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Posting limits function as a moderator, in a sense, and are equitable, because after all, one person's troll is another's fantasy and who on this forum is qualified to make that decision? I like the idea of posting limits for this forum and always did, but, of course, certainly wouldn't want to be hall monitor myself. So, to the degree that I check in here, I choose to live with the consequences of "forum freedom."

Posting limits are stupid but moderation is not. The trolls would have been booted long ago if someone weren't afraid to moderate just a little bit. Most other group moderators do this. Rick even suggested that Richard needs a hobby. Best policy currently is to ignore the trolls and especially don't reply to them. Then they'll return to the bridges they live under.

On 08/30/2014 10:38 AM, dmevans365@... <mailto:dmevans365@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    Yep.  Interesting what has happened.  The limits were removed.
    Almost immediately, Richard and Share ushered the forum into its
    evolution as a chat room - characterized as all are by a
    preponderence of meaningless drivel.  Gone are the limits
    telling the brain to put some thought into a post, put some
    thought into topics, put some thought into with who and in what
    format one wanted to converse.  Limits that forced a pause in
    the action.  Quite the statement this forum is, really.

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <punditster@...>
    <mailto:punditster@...> wrote :

    On 8/30/2014 6:51 AM, anartaxius@... <mailto:anartaxius@...>
    [FairfieldLife] wrote:

        He has been on vacation. But FFL seems to have gone mostly
        to fluff lately, with a lot of short spammy twinkie brain
        posts so there is not much to read here any more, no
        discussions of any substance...

        You are supposed to read the messages here BEFORE you post
        your own comments, Ajax. I thought my replies to Bill were
        right on topic, compared to the comments posted by the other
        informants. YMMV. Go figure.

        Subject: Awake: The Life Of Yogananda
        Author: Richard J. Williams
        Forum: Yahoo! FairfieldLife
        Date: Thursday, 28 August 2014

http://www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife%40yahoogroups.com/msg327060.html

        ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <wayback71@...>
        <mailto:wayback71@...> wrote :

        I have not really followed FFL regularly for a while.  Is
        Barry (turq) on vacation  or did he say goodbye to FFL?  I
        miss his posts.

        • Re... danfriedman2002
        • Re... salyavin808
        • Re... dmevans...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]