We seem to have some people here who have misinterpreted Buddha and hammers. Kurt Vonnegut would be disappointed given his story "Harrison Bergeron."

TM, yoga and meditation are self improvement programs. So if practicing makes you better then the next guy, so be it. That's what you signed up for didn't you? If practicing a guitar and taking lesson from a great guitarist makes you better than the next guy, so be it. That's what you signed up for didn't you? You did your homework and the other guy didn't. Should the teacher give you both As?

After all the materials to improve were just as available to the "next guy" as they were to you. So why should they be jealous?

I've often viewed humility as a "game" people play. Maybe it too is a form of narcissism to be "more humble than you."

Humans are such a curious lot. :-)