<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would like my comment to be separated from any connection with
> evaluating Jim personally.  In my communications he has passed the
> much more important test in my world of being a nice, sincere guy.
>
> I thought the Vedic System of MMY included the Yoga Sutras as the
> tests for consciousness. At least that is how he presented it to us.
> They were markers on the path, like belts in martial arts.  It seems
> reasonable that the criteria included in the system should be met.

Well, duh...he was *selling* them for thousands of dollars.  :-)

More seriously, yes I think you're correct that he seems
to hold the siddhis up as some kind of 'standard' for
enlightenment, but he is one of the only spiritual
teachers I've encountered who does. Without exception,
all of the others I've seen personally have said just
the opposite, that there is no connection whatsoever
between the ability to manifest siddhis and enlightenment.
Just FYI.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM