Hello all.
I just joined your group because I found out yesterday that my beloved cat Kia
has leukemia. Kia is my oldest cat, she will be 16 in August, and she is my
favorite one. I know we shouldn't have favorites but Kia is the first cat my
husband and I adopted after we got married. She is a calico who loves to talk.
I am devastated by this news I got from the vet yesterday and I am hoping you
all can help me understand leukemia better and what signs I need to look for
that Kia is getting sicker.
By the way, my name is Janet and I'm a life long animal lover. We have 4 cats
and a retired racing greyhound that we call our kids. We just lost a cat back
in November, my oldest male cat who was 14. Now I am wondering if he had
leukemia too.
Thanks in advance for your advice. I hope to learn a lot here.
janet