Janet,

It sounds like you have been through alot.  It also sounds to me like your
little one has lymphoma although the specifics of the bloodwork would be
more telling.  Did your vet happen to do a feline leukemia virus test?  This
virus can cause lymphomas and leukemias but lymphomas and leukemias can
arise when the virus isn't present.  If it isn't present, you may be able to
treat the lymphoma with different things.

An oncologist/hematologist would be most knowledgable.  I would absolutely
not go on the word of a general practitioner vet as their knowledge is very
limited in this field.  I would get the exact diagnosis - the pathologist
should have done a peripheral blood smear on your cat and there should be a
report with the suspected diagnosis.

I would then ask to be referred to an oncologist/hematologist.  I am telling
you this because some of the lymphomas can be well managed, some not so
well.  Additionally, some of the lymphomas are very slowly progressive and
simply watching them can be sufficient.  I would be very cautious about
using steroids.  Vets today seem to jump to this drug a lot because there is
a temporary improvement of symptoms in almost all illnesses.  The problem is
that long term survival is usually shortened.  Not to say it wouldn't help,
but I would be cautious.

If these things are too expensive, and even if they're not, I would really
consider high dose intravenous Vitamin C in this case.  There is a woman,
Sally, in this group who has done work with Vitamin C (and works for a
company selling it so she has some investment, but she is a very honest
and educated individual who believes in her product).    Anyway, she has
seen good luck in the treatment of lymphomas with Vitamin C.  By the way,
the high blood pressure could be helped with this as well.  She could hook
you and your vet up with how to proceed, if you so choose.

I really wish you the best of that luck and I hope that the feline leukemia
test is negative -  that gives you a fighting chance.

Jenny