If it persists more than a day a vet visit would be in order to get him checked
out to see what the root of the problem is. If you don't know the cause you
cannot properly treat it.

________________________________
 From: "laurak...@aol.com" <laurak...@aol.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 12:51 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] diarrhea

Hi everyone,

I joined the group early in the year when I adopted my sweet felv+ kitten, Dani
(who turned a year on June 1st :) About three months ago I adopted another
felv+ kitten around Dani's age, Pugsly (he looks just like a little
pug--upturned nose and big round eyes.)

Pugsly has persistent herpes flare-ups but got that under control with upping
his lysine to 500mg twice a day and he's been pretty much fine. Yesterday,
though, I found vomit and diarrhea, which I was able to determine to be his. I
noticed he didn't eat yeaterday or today with his usual gusto--it's usually
gone in a nanosecond. His stool is pasty and jelly-like. There was a very faint
pinkish hue to some of it yeaterday. He is still active but not his usual
spazzy self. I started probiotic this morning and hope it will help.

He is not feverish and is hydrated. Dani is totally fine.

He also gets NuCat vitamins, two twice a day, and is on a grain free wet food
only diet.

I was going to try some pumpkin in his food...I was wondering what other
suggestions there are for treating the diarrhea. I also have slippery elm bark.

I know I can call my vet and get flagyl or tylan powder but wanted to reach out
here first. I just hate giving antibiotics when it's not known if it's a
bacterial cause.

Thanks for reading,

Laura, Dani and her bff Pugsly