At 01:38 PM 7/12/02 -0800, Mark D. Lew wrote:
>My current problem is that something is turning the "auto-arrange" back on.
>I think maybe it's related to a system freeze up I'm getting from one of
>my other applications.  It seems like it's only after I reboot that the
>icons have re-aligned themselves.

That's right. There are two ways to overcome this.

The best way is to figure out what's freezing the system -- usually
hardware conflict or video drivers. Updating video drivers is always
recommended; some folks say any driver dated earlier than the software
you're using could be trouble.

The next suggestion depends on your video card. Mine is a Matrox, and its
configuration includes a setting to save and restore desktop icons. If you
have a Matrox, right-click on the video card control in the system tray and
see what options pop up.

Dennis