11.08.2014 22:08, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:

> But an (client) application wants to generate exception when accessing
> the API, and we do not know in advance what's the good classes for each
> project.

And we'll never know. This is not our business, IMO.

> Some may use like Firebird, an Exception not inherited, others wants
> std::exception, a Qt-based project would want another one...

This is for the higher level wrappers to care about. For example, IBPP
throws its own exceptions. Firebird driver for Qt may have its own
exceptions. And so on.

We either forget about exceptions completely, or throw some partially
abstract class (thus forcing users to implement the exception before
being able to compile), or maybe go for the policies you described.

That said, I'd rather resolve the other issues first. Even a
no-exception API may be "good enough" for the time being, we can offer
something better later.