On Aug 13, 2014, at 3:28 PM, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:

> On 13/08/2014 16:22, Tom Coleman wrote:
>>
>> Understanding maybe, but I'm not sure you can say the same for Agreement.
>>
>> And excuse me, but you may not have to support either interface in the
>> future if the current users die off waiting for a FB3 release.
>>

> AFAIK, Firebird 3 is at Alpha 2, which snapshots almost always available.
>
> This discussion was actually started internally.
>
> You all think alpha versions and snapshots are there for what?

> It's not there for we developers, certainly.

Download statistics might be revealing if available.

The only people who are going to work with Alpha are users  with a vested
interest in the project or those on the "bleeding edge."

From the web site:

"For those who are interested in beta-testing of the newest features please
download "Snapshot Builds". However, we recommend not using them in production
environments."