My 800 Firebird/Delphi systems contact just asked, "Any word on the Beta"?  He
needs SMP right now.

I don't think he watches this list but he does watch
http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

I asked him how many times he's watched the FB3 Beta release date slide since
he's been watching it. and he said,  "2 or 3 times.  I believe it was
originally May.  They postponed a bunch of items until Beta 2, but it’s been
the same 6 items holding it up for a couple months."

The current Beta release date is the end of August.  I don't see "C++
interface" in any of the remaining open items.

August is half way over and from what I am seeing here it appears that nothing
short of a miracle would be needed to deliver a beta by that date.

It would be best if the Beta release were supported by a functional JDBC
driver.  That seems to be the intention indicated on the Dashboard. Are these
interface decisions under discussion also  going to delay the JDBC driver?

What happens with the next missed release date?  Will you wait until August 31
and then move the Beta release date ahead another month?

How many other users are out there are frustrated by watching the sliding
release date? If you're going to delay the Beta again it would be better to do
it now and try to salvage some goodwill.

I will usually edit copied comments to narrow the point, but as I believe it
contains some important observations from the user community I will copy
Carlos' comment in its entirety for your reflection.