Hi,

will be possible to extend firebird installation by SQL stored procedures that will solve common problems?

It will be like UDF (let say in directory SQL), and every one can include/use this SQL like fbudf.

Examples of useful:
SP that returns complete metadata for another SP.
SP that set NULL/NOT NULL for column and works on FB2.5 and FB3.
Some examples from our development:

-- Drop Primary Key for given table
CREATE OR ALTER PROCEDURE MASA$DropPrimaryKey(Relation RDB$Relation_Name)
AS
DECLARE VARIABLE cn VARCHAR(500)=NULL;
BEGIN
  SELECT TRIM(rc.rdb$constraint_name)
FROM rdb$Relation_Constraints RC LEFT JOIN RDB$Indices I ON RC.rdb$Index_Name=I.rdb$Index_Name WHERE I.rdb$Relation_Name=:Relation AND RC.rdb$Constraint_Type='PRIMARY KEY'
    INTO :cn;
  IF (cn IS NOT NULL) THEN BEGIN
    SQL='ALTER TABLE ' || TRIM(Relation) ||' DROP CONSTRAINT '||cn||';';
    EXECUTE STATEMENT SQL;
  END
END

Slavek

--
Ing. Slavomir Skopalik
Executive Head
Elekt Labs s.r.o.
Collection and evaluation of data from machines and laboratories
by means of system MASA (http://www.elektlabs.cz/m2demo)
Address:
Elekt Labs s.r.o.
Chaloupky 158